couple with house cropped

As we get older, our lives change. People stop going to school and they begin to do things as an adult, such as going to work. Another thing that might change is where people live and who they live with. Some people decide to live with family members, friends or support people, and other people decide to live on their own. There is no right decision about where to live, or who to live with. Everyone is different This information here will help you think about where you want to live, who you want to live with and what help you might need. It will also help you with planning to make it happen.

Everyone's needs will be different and unique to their own circumstances.  We will continually update the information we receive on this page to help you navigate through your housing and accommodation journey.

The Summer Foundation has developed a Tool Kit to help people with disability make decisions about housing within the NDIS.

Housing Toolkit thumb

Down Syndrome NSW has access to a broad range of resources to help you prepare for, and make decision about, your future housing needs.

living independently PL cover

Housing and Accommodation Resources


Useful Links to Housing and Accommodation Services

Anala Home Caring has a variety of Supported Independent Living (SIL) places available.  For anyone interested, you would need to have NDIS funding, or be in a pathway to receive SIL in your plan.

Anala Home Caring

Anala Home Caring Referral Form

Civic Accommodation Properties

Civic Accommodation Referral Form

House with No Steps offers a range of shared accommodation for people with disability.  Their properties include apartments, villas and houses.

Housing and the NDIS

Specialist Disability Accommodation (SDA) with NDIS